"Every family's story is unique and a gift to the generations to come."
Hi, my name's Tony Wait, and I am a professional genealogist and family historian.
Many genealogists will just give you a list of names and dates, but I believe that it is also important to find out the facts behind the names: where they lived, what they did for a living, what happened to them, and also the context of what was happening in the world at that time that may have affected them. Through census returns, and other archived records, I can bring this past alive again, and give your ancestors a voice.
What I do
- Working to your requirements, I will create a bespoke package which may include:
- Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates (£9.25 each)
- Copies of Census Returns
- Copies of records from the 1939 Register
- Military Records (where applicable)
- Parish records
- Probate records (wills)
- Newspaper extracts
- Emigration details (including the name of the ship)
- A copy of of your family history chart
- A printed history of your surname
What You Do Next - the First Steps To Discovering Your Family's Past...
Step One: Decide on your budget, and which ancestral line you would like me to research (maternal or paternal)
Step Two: Gather together some details about the person you would like to start with, such as:
- Birth Date
- Parents' Names (if known)
- Last Known Address (if known)
Step Three: Contact me using the form on the Contact Page, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me on 07858795768.
My working rate is £20 per hour plus expenses (such as birth certificates etc). When you contact me with what you want, I will first provide you with a non-obligatory quote, and I will communicate with you before any additional charges are added, if applicable.